From Drudgery to the Effective Use of Design and Process FMEAs
In many industries, FMEAs are considered drudgery, contributing little – if anything – to valuable technical knowledge of the product design and development process, as well as to process design and continual improvement, while chewing up resources and time in non-value-added work.
In this webinar, an expert in new product development incorporating FMEAs will address the essential elements required for an effective process. He will also discuss critical methods and approaches to achieve both initial and long-term improvements in product development, introduction, and continual improvement.
For design, these will include:
- Requirements management
- Boundary/block and parameter diagrams
- Multi-disciplinary analytical techniques
For process, these will include:
- Key characteristics management
- Process flow diagrams
- PFMEAs and process control plan alignment
- Continual improvement linked to the 8D/RCCA process